A face mask is a mask that you wear over your face to prevent yourself from breathing polluted air or stop germs from entering into respiratory system through nose and mouth opening or to protect your face when you are in a dangerous situation like present times in which we are fighting against COVID 19 (Coronavirus).
The world is fighting against COVID 19 (Coronavirus) which is spread from one person to another through small droplets from nose or mouth of infected person, whenever infected person speaks, sneezes, or coughs it releases coronavirus droplets into the atmosphere and they can be easily inhaled by any nearby person, therefore to stop the spread one needs to cover their mouth and nose so that coronavirus does not enter their respiratory system. Thus to fight COVID 19 (Coronavirus) one need to wear the face mask being very affordable and reliable, its demand has increased. Face mask is one of the most important measured to prevent the spread of COVID 19. It is an integral part of healthcare environment.
As per survey simple masks can save about millions of people’s lives per year and as a result of rising awareness about mask and its benefits to slow down the spread of COVID 19.
How to wear a face mask?
- Firstly, clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask.
- Remove a mask from the box and confirm there are not any obvious tears or holes in any side of the mask.
- Determine which side of the mask is that the top. The side of the mask that features a stiff bendable edge is that the highest and is meant to mold to the shape of your nose.
- Determine which side of the mask is that the front. The colored side of the mask is usually the front and can face away from you, while the white side touches your face.
- Follow the instructions below for the type of mask you’re using.
- Mask with Ear loops: Hold the mask by the ear loops. Place a loop around each ear.
- Mask with Ties: Bring the mask to your nose level and place the ties over the crown of your head and secure with a bow.
- Mask with Bands: Hold the mask in your hand with the nosepiece or top of the mask at fingertips, allowing the headbands to hold freely below hands. Bring the mask to your nose level and pull the top strap over your head so as it rests over the crown of your head. Pull the lowest strap over your head so as that it rests at the nape of your neck.
- Mold or pinch the stiff edge to the form of your nose.
- If employing a face mask with ties: Then take the rock bottom ties, one in each hand, and secure with a bow at the nape of your neck.
- Pull rock bottom of the mask over your mouth and chin.
How to remove a face mask?
- Firstly, clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask. Avoid touching the front of the mask. The front of the mask is contaminated. Only touch the ear loops/ties/band. Follow the instructions below for the sort of mask you’re using.
- Face Mask with Ear loops: Hold both of the ear loops and gently lift and take away the mask.
- Face Mask with Ties: Untie rock bottom bow first then untie the highest bow and pull the mask away from you because the ties are loosened.
- Mask with Bands: Lift rock bottom strap over your head first then pull the highest strap over your head.
- Throw the mask within the trash. Then, clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.